Monday, July 26, 2010


    Dear all,
It's been a while since I posted, but then again I never felt the need to post my every thought, only just what the Spirit compels me to write.
I was writing to a face book friend today, and had the need to add the word Baraka (blessings) at the end of my note. (he's Muslim).
I then looked up the word.. just to get a full sense of it's meaning.. and what I found was a wonderful surprise.
Not only does the word mean blessing, like Barak Obama's first name means..he was indeed a blessing to his parents..as all children are.
It also has a Sufi connotation...meaning breath of God! As in the Hebrew word Ruach. Which is a feminine word describing an aspect of God. It is comforting to know that our loving God breathes down blessings upon us, whether we ask or not.
Just one of those nice to know things in life that gives us an unexpected
uplift to our day and our spirit.
 I pray that these words have given you too that unexpected uplift of spirit, to help keep you focused on what's important.
Blessings all,
+Mel

No comments: